Philadelphia @ Dallas
Current Records: Philadelphia 1-1; Dallas 1-1
What to Know
The Dallas Cowboys will be returning home after a two-game road trip. The Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles will face off in an NFC East battle at 8:15 p.m. ET on Monday at AT&T Stadium. The teams split their matchups last year, with Philadelphia winning the first 23-9 at home and Dallas taking the second 37-17.
Things were close when Dallas and the Los Angeles Chargers clashed this past Sunday, but Dallas ultimately edged out the opposition 20-17. Dallas’ RB Tony Pollard was one of the most active players for the squad, rushing for one TD and 109 yards on 13 carries. Pollard’s performance made up for a slower game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers two weeks ago.
There was early excitement for Philadelphia after they claimed the game’s first points this past Sunday, but it was the San Francisco 49ers who ended up claiming the real prize. The Eagles were within a late touchdown of stealing the win, but they took the “L” against San Francisco 17-11. Despite the defeat, Philadelphia got a solid performance out of QB Jalen Hurts, who accumulated 190 passing yards in addition to rushing for one TD and 82 yards. Hurts ended up with a passer rating of 121.60.
Dallas is the favorite in this one, with an expected 4-point margin of victory. They hadn’t treated fans well this season, but they at least enjoy a 2-0 record against the spread.
Dallas’ victory lifted them to 1-1 while Philadelphia’s loss dropped them down to 1-1. We’ll see if Dallas’ success rolls on or if Philadelphia is able to steal their positive momentum.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8:15 p.m. ET
- Where: AT&T Stadium — Arlington, Texas
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: Paramount + (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Cowboys are a 4-point favorite against the Eagles, according to the latest NFL odds.
See NFL picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Dallas have won seven out of their last 12 games against Philadelphia.
- Dec 27, 2020 – Dallas 37 vs. Philadelphia 17
- Nov 01, 2020 – Philadelphia 23 vs. Dallas 9
- Dec 22, 2019 – Philadelphia 17 vs. Dallas 9
- Oct 20, 2019 – Dallas 37 vs. Philadelphia 10
- Dec 09, 2018 – Dallas 29 vs. Philadelphia 23
- Nov 11, 2018 – Dallas 27 vs. Philadelphia 20
- Dec 31, 2017 – Dallas 6 vs. Philadelphia 0
- Nov 19, 2017 – Philadelphia 37 vs. Dallas 9
- Jan 01, 2017 – Philadelphia 27 vs. Dallas 13
- Oct 30, 2016 – Dallas 29 vs. Philadelphia 23
- Nov 08, 2015 – Philadelphia 33 vs. Dallas 27
- Sep 20, 2015 – Dallas 20 vs. Philadelphia 10
Betting Information for Dallas vs. Philadelphia
Dallas and Philadelphia Stats
- The Cowboys averaged just 1.4 fewer points per game (24.7) than the Eagles surrendered (26.1) last season.
- The Cowboys racked up 371.8 yards per game last season, just 8.7 more than the 363.1 the Eagles allowed per matchup.
- The Cowboys turned the ball over seven more times (26 total) than the Eagles forced a turnover (19) last season.
- The Eagles averaged 8.7 fewer points per game (20.9) than the Cowboys allowed (29.6) last season.
- The Eagles collected 334.6 yards per game last year, 51.8 fewer yards than the 386.4 the Cowboys allowed per matchup.
- The Eagles turned the ball over six more times (29 total) than the Cowboys forced turnovers (23) last year.
Cowboys Impact Players
- Last season Dak Prescott racked up 1,856 passing yards (371.2 per game) while going 151-for-222 (68%) and throwing for nine touchdowns with four interceptions. He added 93 rushing yards on 18 carries with three touchdowns.
- A season ago Ezekiel Elliott picked up 979 rushing yards (61.2 per game) and scored six touchdowns. He tacked on 52 catches for 338 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- Last season Amari Cooper was targeted 130 times and recorded 92 catches for 1,114 yards and five touchdowns.
- Demarcus Lawrence boasted an impressive stat line of 6.5 sacks, 11.0 TFL and 58 tackles last year.
- Jaylon Smith’s 2020 campaign saw him total 154 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception.
- Trevon Diggs picked off three passes while adding 58 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and 14 passes defended a season ago.
Cowboys Injuries: Tyron Smith: Questionable (Neck), DeMarcus Lawrence: Questionable (Knee), Chidobe Awuzie: Out (Hamstring)
Eagles Impact Players
- Gardner Minshew threw for 2,259 yards while completing 66.1% of his passes last year, with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions (141.2 yards per game).
- Miles Sanders took 164 carries for 867 rushing yards a season ago (54.2 per game) and scored six touchdowns.
- Last season Dallas Goedert was targeted 65 times and collected 46 catches for 524 yards and three touchdowns.
- Fletcher Cox boasted an impressive stat line of 6.5 sacks, 9.0 TFL and 41 tackles.
- Eric Wilson’s 2020 campaign saw him total 121 tackles, 8.0 TFL, three sacks, and three interceptions.
Eagles Injuries: Alshon Jeffery: Out (Foot), Fletcher Cox: Questionable (Abdomen), Jalen Reagor: Out (Thumb), Rudy Ford: Out (Groin)